Coronavirus (covid 19) funeral advice
New rules for funerals
The government have set out some new rules for attendance at funerals to lower the risk of spreading coronavirus infection. This affects who can attend funerals and the number of people who can attend. We understand that this may be upsetting for everyone involved and we are here to help. Here is some brief coronavirus (covid 19) funeral advice.
Please complete and return two forms to us (the general particulars form and a cremation form) and please call us if you need any help completing the information.
General Particulars form
Direct committal form
If families wish for a cremation with no service at all please replace the cremation for with this form.
Keeping funerals safe during the Covid 19 pandemic.
In England the maximum of people allowed to attend funerals is currently restricted to 30. Please note that some venues may have less capacity than this, due to space, in order to ensure they are able to follow social distancing rules.
Our local crematoria have now updated us on the total number of mourners they will allow in their chapels for a funeral service, whilst adhering to social distancing rules. Face Coverings must be worn throughout the funeral in all locations.
Weston-super-Mare Crematorium, 50 mourners
Sedgemoor Crematorium, 40 Mourners
South Bristol Crematorium, 40 mourners
Canford Crematorium, 25 mourners
Mendip Crematorium, 35 mourners
Haycombe Crematorium, Up to 70 mourners in the Top Chapel
Up to 38 mourners in the Crematorium Chapel
Up to 30 mourners may attend a life event which includes the interment or scattering of cremated remains and a wake after the funeral.
Social distancing and advice for mourners.
- Mourners should stay at least 2 meters or 3 paces apart.
- Face coverings should be worn. They may be temporarily removed by mourners delivering a eulogy, provided they remain well distanced from others.
- Additional distancing precautions should be taken by any attendees who are consider to be vulnerable or extremely vulnerable to Covid 19 infection.
- Mourners who are self-isolating and do not have symptoms may attend.
- Mourners who have any Covid 19 symptoms (a new continuous cough, a high temperature, or a loss of, or change in, their normal sense of taste or smell) may not attend.
Full details of the government guidelines for funerals can be found here